"Our alumni not only represent the legacy of the school, they reflect the success the school has had preparing generations of thoughtful leaders."
—Dean Angela Evans
The LBJ School Alumni Association is made up of all 4,300+ graduates of the school, and includes the LBJ School Alumni Board as well as area alumni chapters across the country.
LBJ School Alumni Board
The mission of the board is to foster a mutually beneficial partnership between the LBJ School and its alumni achieved through collaborating to advance the goals of the school and its graduates.
Application for membership on the Alumni Board is open to all alumni of the LBJ School of Public Affairs.
Board members agree to:
- Serve as ambassadors of the LBJ School to fellow alumni, current and prospective students, colleagues, friends, and the general public;
- Collaborate with LBJ administrators, faculty, and students on policies and programs that impact alumni;
- Participate actively in Board discussions and initiatives, including membership in at least one of four committees: the Career Committee, Giving Committee, Outreach Committee, and Recognition Committee;
- Attend the spring and fall Alumni Board meetings and participate in additional meetings by telephone or video conferencing as needed;
- Give at a personally meaningful level to the LBJ School annual fund.
More from the Alumni Board:
Alumni Board Committees
Recognition Committee — supports the school with the annual alumni reunion weekend and the Distinguished Public Service Award and Rising Leader Award.
Outreach Committee — cultivates connections between alumni, current students, faculty, and the greater university community.
Career Committee — identifies and promotes career opportunities and mentoring for current students and career advancement for alumni.
Giving Committee — promotes alumni giving to the annual fund, making flexible resources available for school initiatives and bridging the funding gap not covered by tuition, fees and state appropriations.
Nominations and Governance Committee — ensures the Alumni Board consists of volunteers who are motivated to serve as committee members, and Alumni Board officers. The Nominating Committee strives to bring forward candidates that are dedicated, qualified, and reflective of the diverse range of the School’s alumni.
Area Alumni Chapters
Houston, TX: LBJ School Alumni Association - Houston Chapter
President: Isabel Nart (MPAff 1980)