Class of 2022: Rising to the Challenge
This class — the 51st group of LBJ School graduates — experienced a tenure at the school unlike any other. They began their studies online in the midst of a global pandemic, navigating an educational model that was being created and implemented at the same time, and finding new ways to learn, work and collaborate. We are thrilled to reconvene in person on May 21 to celebrate the resilience and accomplishments of these 125 graduates from all over the world.
- The LBJ School is proud to announce that Ambassador Vilma Martinez has been named 2022 graduation speaker
- Chelsi Chang (MPAff '22) chosen as student speaker
- The LBJ School graduation will also be livestreamed via our YouTube channel
- Find all the details of the UT-wide festivities at the UT Commencement 2022 website
From tickets to security to parking to accommodations for students and visitors with different abilities, we've got you covered.
Schedule at a Glance
- 9 AM: Student Check In and Arrival in the North Lobby
Students must be checked in by 9:45 AM.
- 9:30 AM: LBJA Doors Open for Guests
- 10:30 AM: Ceremony Start Time
- All graduates and guests are invited to attend the LBJ Graduation Celebration on the Plaza immediately following the program
Seating is limited; all guests must have a ticket to enter the Lady Bird Johnson Auditorium. Graduates will be given five tickets each for guests. There will be overflow seating in Bass Lecture Hall.
Food, drinks and large purses and bags are not permitted in the Auditorium. We are unable to provide storage for personal items.
First come, first serve parking is available in Lots 37-39. If surface parking becomes full, guests are encouraged to park in the Manor Garage (MAG), San Jacinto Garage (SJG), or any of the other seven university parking garages. Here are additional parking options.
Services for Graduates/Visitors with Disabilities
LBJ Auditorium is ADA accessible through elevators located on the first floor lobby or through the downstairs entrance near the LBJ Library steps. Additional information on ADA parking.
#LBJGrad22: Bring Graduation to your social media feed
LBJ School community, friends and family: Bring the graduation celebration to social media! Download these custom social media graphics to celebrate your grad! Use #LBJGrad22 and tag @TheLBJSchool on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Looking for spots on campus to capture the moment? Here's a guide to some classic settings to mark the big day.