If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Office of Student Affairs and Admissions.
How to Register
Consult the current academic calendar to find the most up-to-date schedules and deadlines.
1. Check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) for your specific registration access periods and any holds that may prevent you from registering.
2. Update your emergency contact information every semester.
3. Plan your class schedule by viewing the LBJ School's online course schedule below. Check the course schedules before registration commences for changes that could affect your registration/enrollment plans.
NOTE: Early in the registration period, the LBJ School's course schedule may include some recently added courses that have not yet been assigned a unique number, instructor info or course meeting info. You will be unable to register for these classes until unique numbers have been assigned by the Office of the Registrar. Keep checking the course schedule for updates.
4. Submit any relevant registration paperwork:
Individual instruction courses listed below require submission of registration paperwork to an LBJ School Graduate Program Coordinator in SRH 3.104 BEFORE you will be permitted to register for the class.
The Conference Course Agreement Form (for PA 389 registration)
The Professional Report Committee Selection and Registration Approval Form (for PA 398R registration)
The MPAff Internship Form (for PA 396K registration)
The MGPS Internship Form (for PA 396G registration)
MPAff students must receive your graduate adviser's approval to register for any non-LBJ School elective courses. Consult your specialization coordinator if you are interested in non-LBJ electives.
5. Register online during your assigned registration access period(s).
6. Use the online waitlist system when attempting to register for a class that is already full ("closed").
7. Don't double-dip: Register or waitlist only for the courses that you want. This helps us determine demand, which impacts how many seats we need to open up for the next round of registration.
NOTE: If you have already taken PA 383C Policy Development (PD), you may not repeat registration in another section of PD until a future semester (check with Student Affairs for details), as priority will be given only to those who have yet to complete this core course requirement.
8. Confirm your Attendance to classes and/or pay tuition and fees by the deadline.
9. Utilize Add/Drops to fine-tune your schedule. When add/drops resume, you can make changes online or within the course 'home' department. Anything with the course abbreviation 'PA' belongs to the LBJ School.