Offered in conjunction with UT’s McCombs School of Business, the dual program in business and global policy studies is designed to respond to an increased need in both the public and private sectors for specialists with an advanced understanding of the global environment, governance within and among countries and companies and cross-cultural challenges and opportunities.
The program emphasizes practical knowledge, including hands-on connections to industry and government, and offers graduates the opportunity to earn a clear competitive advantage over other applicants for jobs in the global economy who have only a traditional business or policy degree.
The program is structured so that students can earn the MBA and MGPS degrees simultaneously in approximately three academic years. Degrees are awarded when the required coursework in both areas is completed.
Students must complete a minimum of 84 semester hours of coursework:
Global Policy Studies
- 22 hours of required global policy courses
- Summer internship in an office where activity is related to the dual degree program
- Demonstrate proficiency in a language other than English
- Professional Report
- First-year core curriculum in the MBA program
- 3 flexible core electives (6 hours)
- 3 electives from the School of Business (9 hours)
- 15 hours Business School electives