ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THIS CLASS HAS CLOSED. CALL 512-471-0820 WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
This program is targeted towards individuals involved in purchasing/procurement activities such as purchasing agents, buyers and contract administrators.
This course provides a basic overview of the purchasing process covering topics in the areas of: Texas Statutory Enabling Authority; Competitive Bidding; Specification Development; Ethics and Liabilities; Contract Management; Internal Customer Service; Internal Controls; and Cooperative Purchasing.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Employ the best practices in public procurement within the parameters of public purchasing enabling authority;
- Identify various, current purchasing challenges and potential solutions by assessing the impact of decision making related to contract obligations;
- Choose which purchasing method (competitive bidding, competitive sealed proposals, cooperative purchasing, etc.) will provide best value for the agency;
- Establish a procurement process, from sourcing through contract management, that is fair and transparent for suppliers;
- Identify avenues to engender trust with clients, coworkers, and team members;
- Identify and avoid potential conflict between personal interests and those of your employer; and
- Examine the tenets of good internal controls that will not only provide for excellent audit trails, but also minimize opportunities for fraud.