Online Registration is cancelled for this class. Call 512-471-0820 with quesitons.
Government professionals responsible for managing and auditing government programs and operations.
How do you make sure bad things don’t happen? Controls! In this workshop, learn how to define risks and apply controls to mitigate the risks – without creating a burdensome bureaucracy.
The 2013 version of the COSO model will guide our work. We will work through a case study relevant to the participants.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define business risks;
- Mitigate risks with controls;
- Choose and strengthen key controls;
- Document controls to satisfy regulators and auditors;
- Distinguish between preventative, corrective, and detective controls;
- Describe the COSO model and how to use it; and,
- Identify and lean critical processes using Lean/Six Sigma tools.