Register to join the Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources for a free webinar, "Investing in America's Workforce: Investing in Systems for Employment Opportunity" on July 25, 2019. The one-hour event is sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and begins at 3 p.m. ET.
Many workforce development programs and policies have made strides in improving economic opportunities for workers and their employers. However, these initiatives are often small, local in scope and have limited ability to scale to meet the needs in the broader labor force. This webinar will discuss several innovations and frameworks that can provide insight into how to build on these successes through innovations in financing mechanisms, data use and information processes. In this webinar, two authors will discuss highlights from their contributions to Volume 3 of Investing in America’s Workforce: Improving Outcomes for Workers and Employers. The goal of this publication is to reframe workforce development efforts as investments that provide returns to workers, businesses and communities as a whole.
- Miguel Palacios, from University of Calgary, will discuss obstacles and opportunities for financing human capital development based on his chapter “Financing Human Capital through Income-Contingent Agreements.”
- Rachel Zinn, from the City of Baltimore, will draw on her chapter “All Data Big and Small: Using Information to Guide Workforce Development” to explore examples of data being used to improve human capital development policy and practice.
- Steve Wandner, from W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, will present examples of how workforce agencies can integrate data into decision-making processes based on his chapter “Research and Evidence-Building Capacity of State Workforce Agencies.”
- Heath Prince, from Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources, will moderate.
- Investing in America's Workforce
- LBJ School and Federal Reserve convene workforce, economic experts at national conference
- Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources
- Ray Marshall Center news
More about the Investing in America’s Workforce Initiative:
Investing in America’s Workforce is a publication of the Federal Reserve System, the John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, the Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources and the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research. Download a copy of the book, explore additional related resources and join the conversation on Twitter at #InvestInWork.