Katy Tur, Victoria DeFrancesco Soto and Ari Melber join Morning Joe to discuss Donald Trump's rally in Phoenix.
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Duke University
- M.A. in Political Science, Duke University
- B.A. in Political Science & Latin American Studies, University of Arizona
- Political Psychology Summer Institute, Stanford University
- ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research, University of Michigan
- Campaigns & Elections
- Women & Politics
- Social Policy
Victoria is a Lecturer at the University of Texas’ LBJ School of Public Affairs where she was selected as one of the University’s Game Changing faculty. She is also a faculty affiliate of the Department of Mexican-American and Latino Studies and the Center for Mexican American Studies. Victoria received her Ph.D. in political science from Duke University during which time she was a National Science Foundation Fellow. Named one of the top 12 scholars in the country by Diverse magazine Victoria previously taught at Northwestern University and Rutgers.
In her research and teaching Victoria brings an interdisciplinary lens to the understanding of American politics and policy. Her areas of expertise include immigration, women and politics, political psychology, and campaigns and elections.
Victoria is a contributor to MSNBC and NBCNews.com as well as a regular political analyst for Telemundo. She has previously provided on-air analysis for CNN, Fox, PBS, Univision, NPR and has appeared on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher. Most recently Victoria was a featured expert in the PBS documentary of the Civil Rights Trailblazer, Willie Velasquez in, Your Vote is Your Voice. Victoria is also published in both academic and popular outlets such as POLITICO, Talking Points Memo, and Perspectives on Politics. Through these different outlets, Victoria translates social science research into a more relatable form of information for a wide variety of audiences.
- Spring 2018 - 60805 - PA 388K – Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Spring 2018 - 60655 - PA 383C – Policy Development
- Fall 2017 - 60840 - PA 388K – Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Fall 2016 - 60709 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Fall 2013 - 63670 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Latino Public Policy
- State & National Campaign Politics
- Women in Politics