The LBJ School of Public Affairs co-sponsored the fourth annual Texas National Security Forum at The University of Texas at Austin. Presented by the Intelligence Studies Project, the Robert Strauss Center for International Security and Law, and the Clements Center for National Security, “Alliances and Partnerships in American National Security” drew leading experts on defense, intelligence, diplomacy and international financial policy and featured keynote speaker Michael Pompeo, current CIA director.
- J.D., Harvard Law
- B.S., Texas Christian University
- Intelligence and National Security
- Social Policy
Robert Chesney is the Charles I. Francis Professor in Law and associate dean for academic affairs at The University of Texas School of Law. He is also the director of the Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law. Chesney's scholarship focuses on U.S. national security policies and institutions, encompassing domestic and international law issues. He is a magna cum laude graduate of Texas Christian University and Harvard Law School. He practiced law with the firm Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York before beginning his academic career with Wake Forest University’s School of Law. He came to UT Austin’s School of Law as a visiting professor in 2008 and joined UT on a permanent basis in 2009. His scholarship concerns the legal architecture that regulates the U.S. government’s national security policies, institutions and activities, with an emphasis on the disruptive impact of technological and strategic change over time. He teaches courses including National Security Law, Constitutional Law and the History of U.S. Counterterrorism Law and Policy (1970 to present). He is a senior fellow of the Brookings Institution, a member of the American Law Institute and a senior editor for the Journal of National Security Law & Policy.
- Spring 2018 - 60827 - PA 388K – Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Fall 2017 - 60656 - PA 280L – Topics in Public Policy and Law
- Spring 2017 - 61372 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Spring 2017 - 61205 - PA682GB - Policy Research Project on Global Policy Issues
- Fall 2016 - 60708 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Fall 2016 - 60574 - PA682GA - Policy Research Project on Global Policy Issues
- Spring 2016 - 60385 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Spring 2016 - 60344 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Spring 2015 - 61238 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Fall 2014 - 62380 - PA158S - Public Policy Issues