- Ph.D. in History, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.A. in History, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- B.S., U.S. Military Academy
Gen. Meigs served as president and CEO of Business Executives for National Security (BENS) from 2010–13, bringing deep experience in strategic policy, training, leader development and technological innovation. He has taught courses on defense challenges in the 21st century and American strategic practice, and conducted research on decision making in national security and on the process of disruptive technological innovation in defense affairs.
He is the author of Slide Rules and Submarines: American Scientists and Subsurface Warfare in World War II (National Defense University Press, 2002). He has also written articles and editorials on military operations and strategy. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the U.S. Department of State International Security Advisory Board, the Southern Methodist University Tower Center Advisory Board, the International Institute for Counter-Terrorism Advisory Board and is a member of the Board of Trustees of the MITRE Corporation and the Board of Directors of International Executive Service Corps (IESC).
During a 35-year career in the U.S. Army, Gen. Meigs served as Commander, U.S. Army Europe (1998–2002). His decorations include the Department of Defense's Medal for Distinguished Public Service, the Bronze Star with "V" Device, and the Purple Heart. He received a bachelor's degree from the U.S. Military Academy and a master's degree and a doctorate in history from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Fall 2016 - 60730 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Spring 2016 - 60370 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Fall 2015 - 59970 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Spring 2015 - 61200 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Fall 2014 - 62530 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy
- Spring 2014 - 63563 - PA388K - Advanced Topics in Public Policy