Classrooms and common areas can be reserved by LBJ School faculty, staff and students when not in use for classes.
Reserving a Room
Reservations can only be made by submitting a request to an LBJ staff member who has access to the online reservation system. View the full list of authorized room reservers. Reservations must go through an approval process in the Dean's Office, which reserves the right to adjust scheduling as necessary. The Dean’s Office reserves the right to deny permission for a reservation.
- Those who were first to schedule their event and reserve a room have priority.
- When more than one event is scheduled at the same time, the organizations or individuals responsible for the events must work together to manage the shared space.
- Students who want to reserve a room should complete this form to submit your request.
Individuals using classrooms or other meeting spaces in the School assume responsibility for security and maintenance, including:
- Lock doors upon exiting
- Return chairs and other furniture to its original setting
- Bag trash and place in hallway for collection
By reserving space at the LBJ School, you are committing to be present for the duration of the event. Individuals reserving the room may not transfer the reservation to another individual without contacting the Dean’s Office.
Using Common Areas
LBJ School of Public Affairs Public Access
7 a.m. — 8 p.m.
After-hours access is only available to LBJ School faculty, staff and students with electronic Proximity ID Cards provided to them. The card readers are located:
- On the south exterior door
- On the interior stairwells
- Outside seminar rooms
- Inside the elevators
Students are encouraged to use the common areas on all three floors of the LBJ School for individual study and group meetings. The common areas offer a mix of private rooms, semi-private group meeting areas (partitioned), areas for individual study and food preparation spaces. Food and drink are allowed in the common areas on a provisional basis. Please help keep these areas clean by bagging food-related trash and putting it in properly marked receptacles.
The First Floor Lobby is a public space. Any event requests for this space are made with the understanding that the Lobby is regularly used for small group meetings, as a thoroughfare for other events and classes and as an avenue to the elevators and to the café. Events that occur in this space are generally open to the public and the parties responsible for these events must accommodate the regular foot traffic within this space.
Food in the classrooms is allowed on a provisional basis. Drinks in spill-proof mugs and plastic bottles with tops are allowed in classrooms.
For special events or classes, food may be allowed, but LBJ School event sponsor will be held responsible for the cleaning of the rooms, including but not limited to:
- Cleaning of spills, crumbs and other miscellaneous refuse left at the conclusion of the event.
- Bagging and placing of trash in the hallways for collection. It is imperative that all trash receptacles are placed outside the classroom so that Custodial Services may empty them.
For those who do not comply, future privileges will be suspended and those responsible may be assessed a cleaning fee.
Faculty members and students are to vacate the classrooms by 10 p.m. for weekly scheduled cleaning.
Individuals or organizations do not need to check out a key for classrooms they have reserved. Access to classrooms is gained through a Proximity ID Card.
Bass Lecture Hall requires keys, which are available for check-out in the LBJ School Dean's Office, located in room 3.384, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Once checked out, these keys must be returned the following business day by 9 a.m. There are no exceptions to this rule. Rooms must be vacated and left in their original condition prior to the start of the next scheduled class or event.
Wasserman Media Center
The Wasserman Media Center, located on the basement level of the LBJ School, is used for LBJ classes. Scheduling use of this room requires prior approval, please contact ITIMS at email@example.com.
Outside Organizations and Contact Information
Classrooms and common areas are reserved for use by LBJ School faculty, staff and students. Outside organizations must have an LBJ School faculty, staff or center sponsor in order to use LBJ School space for an event. The LBJ School faculty, staff or center sponsor must be present for the duration of the event and is held responsible for maintenance of the space that's being used.
Should you or your organization wish to seek Dean's Office co-sponsorship for an upcoming event, please contact the Dean's Office.
Available Reservation Space/LBJ School
- Bass Lecture Hall (occupancy 161)
- Wasserman Media Center (occupancy 40-45)—limited access
- 3.122 (tiered classroom, occupancy 75-80)
- 3.124 (occupancy 75-80)
- 3.216 (occupancy 20)
- 3.219 (occupancy 20)
- 3.216/3.219 (partition opened, occupancy 40)
- 3.214 (occupancy 20)
- 3.220 (occupancy 20)
- 3.214/3.220 (partition opened, occupancy 40)
- 3.212 (occupancy 15)
- 3.221 (occupancy 15)
- 3.212/3.221 (partition opened, occupancy 30)
- 3.316 (occupancy 20)
- 3.350 (occupancy 20)
- 3.316/3.350 (partition opened, occupancy 40)
- 3.314 (occupancy 20)
- 3.355 (occupancy 20)
- 3.314/3.355 (partition opened, occupancy 40)
- 3.312 (occupancy 20)
- 3.360 (occupancy 20)
- 3.312/3.360 (partition opened, occupancy 40)