Government professionals responsible for managing government programs and operations.
You've been tapped to create the forecast process for your program. Now what? Even if you understand the basics, what can you do to make the process faster? More efficient? Cleaner? More accurate? Just better? We'll discuss best practices in budgeting and forecasting, along with some tips and tricks to make your budget the best it can be. This course is a facilitated walk-through of the forecasting process using one government program’s product or service.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Link the forecast to the strategic plan;
- Plan for the short-term and long-term;
- Determine the source of revenues and the requisite restrictions on their use;
- Identify variables and assumptions that impact revenues and expenditures;
- Identify drivers of performance results and measuring performance;
- Diagnose the root causes of not meeting forecast and responding promptly;
- Back up the budget with reliable evidence; and,
- Identify the inherent challenges of a budget process.