* This class is one of the optional class requirements for The Construction Purchasing Certificate Program. To learn more about this certificate program click here The Construction Purchasing Certificate Program. To learn more about this certificate program click here
This program is targeted towards buyers, contract administrators, project managers, or anyone who is charged with oversight of a construction project.
Organizations lose control of their contracts, project scope and approved budget when they do not assume control of the change order process. This class will provide the tools to manage and protect the construction project from run-away scope and budget creep. Participants will learn to detect changes and assess the impact of those changes on the project schedule and deliverables. The importance of using contract modifications to control risk will be discussed as well as how to control schedule slippage due to change impacts. Several methods to mitigate changes and their resultant negative impact to the organization will be explored and explained. The final stage will address close-out and the claims process.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the change order process
- Manage the change order process for a major construction project
- Describe how changes can impact the critical elements of effective contract control
- Minimize the costs and impacts of processing changes
- Develop a process to close out a construction project and associated change orders